WALT: I can take action to inform others about effective leadership.
Year 7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Sunday, 7 May 2017
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Term 1 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel fat four eyed and useless
I found this novel interesting because it had great characters and features to the story.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- using several pieces of information to make inferences
using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes
- I can use a range of strategies, such as inferring, to work out more complex words.
Current Events Term 1
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favourite topic was the Red Zone because It was interesting about what happened in the earthquakes.
Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are
- Year 7 and 8
- Identifying and resolving issues that come from competing information in texts
gathering, evaluating, and synthesising information across a small range of texts
- I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Monday, 20 March 2017
In writing I have been learning to:
- use all basic punctuation independently
- attempt more complex punctuation (eg semicolons, colons, parentheses)
I have been especially focussing on using parentheses and commas. I have highlighted these in green where I have used them as well as other punctuation that I changed because it was used incorrectly. Here is a piece of my writing that shows this. Leadership Article
Tuesday, 14 March 2017
In PE we have been participating in a variety of games that require little or no equipment.
Below is the Matrix which shows our progression in this unit of learning.
The table below shows my understanding of games with minimal or no equipment.
(Fill this table in, in as much detail as possible. )
Examples of Games that need minimal or no equipment.
What equipment would we usually need to play these games.
Why do we play games with minimal or no equipment?
|If we don't have enough time to get the gear we can just play a game with minimal equipment.|
Some things that I have done well during this unit of learning are having fun with no equipment because it is easier to play games.
My Next Steps.Some things I could improve on when playing games with minimal or no equipment are getting equipment before I start Because then it doesn't take much time.